Doug, Missy, Wesley, Jaxon, Mckinzie, Liam & Aynsley


November 2013

November 2013

Friday, 30 May 2008

Cruisin' the Riviera



Last week we Doug and I went on a crusie with his parents- Wes and Kay, Doug's sister Kelli and hubby Nate. It was such a great get away. We flew into Barcelona Spain. Where we took a quick tour of the city and Antonio Gaudi's "La Sagrada Familia".

That evening we set off cruising. Our First stop was Cannes France. Where we got to see all the hype of the Film festival. Unfortunately we didn't get to see any one famous, except maybe the paparazzi that take the picture. We then took a train ride up the coast to Monte Carlo, Monaco. The Monaco Grand Prix was in full force. We enjoyed seeing all the expensive cars and the town ready for the big race. We were not "hoight toight" enough to get in the casino, I guess we are not much for gambling any how. So we took walk along the beach and enjoyed the great weather.


The next stop was Pisa Italy. We had seen Florence already so Doug and I split off and headed for the Cinque Terre. It is five ancient cities that for thousands of years were only acessible by boat. The building hang on the sides of the cliffs. It was beautiful. I think this was my favorite port. We walked the path between the first three cities, then the train to the last two. I only wish we had more time to do all the hikes. It was gorgeous.

The last stop was Rome. We got a local guide for the day and we saw as much as is possible in 10 hours. It is an amazing city. Sadly enough the Vatican was closed due to Corpus Christi Day. We were able to see St. Peter's Basilica though. The most interesting part of the day or maybe I should say different part, was the Catacombs. It was a little creepy to be walking so close to where the dead are buried.

The last day of the cruise was at sea. We hungout in the hot tubs, ate and ate and ate and got some sun. It was fun to spend time with Doug's parents and Kelli and Nate, talking and catching up. The things we just don't get time to do when life is going on. Thanks for the great trip Family. We need to do this more often:)

4 comments:

Geneva said...

missy you look great I'm not sure what you mean about ever getting back into shape! I would love to look like you (the 5th baby is a killer)

Joseph and Jenny said...

What a great trip you had! How nice to be making these memories together.
Each place you visited looked beautiful and different from the others.
--Joseph

Lisa said...

I can't believe what fabulous trips you are taking. 'Trips of a lifetime' every month! Cruising sounds like a perfect way to see all those sights. Sign me up!

Teri said...

Miss, that looks like so much dang fun! Your favorite little part of the trip was Jody and the kids fave when they toured Europe a few years ago, they loved to really see how people are living and not just the touristy parts, though those are amazing too. I love the architecture it's unreal. The stone wall too... holy moly, I don't think I'd have the attention span to build that.